November 18, 2013
- Implemented a fix for a bug in Mavericks that would cause a folder scan to fail with a fatal error if the folder did not have read permissions.
- Implemented a fix for a bug in Mavericks that would cause the application to crash when processing temporary files with a leading tilde character in their name.
- Fixed a bug that could cause unnecessary package aggregation if a folder containing packages had its contents change while it was being scanned.
- Fixed a bug that could result in a "File Not Found" error when restoring from a ZIP compressed file in a target's archive.
- Fixed a bug that would not generate proper errors when an attempt to create a unique filename in a folder failed.
- Eliminated some unnecessary archive related data that was being stored in saved synchronizer documents.
- Fixed a bug that could cause errors when moving files to a target's archive.
- Fixed a bug that could cause incorrect version numbers to be assigned to files in a target's archive.
- Fixed several bugs that could cause the application to crash when trying to report to the user that an exception occurred.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the application to crash when posting entries to a synchronizer's log.
- Fixed an erroneous tooltip in the progress sheet user interface.
- Implemented more efficient unicode filename handling.
October 22, 2013
- Fixed several bugs that could result in crashes.
- Fixed a bug where a sync scheduled to run when *both* target volumes mount would fail to detect second volume mounting.
- Fixed a problem where a partially copied file could be left in-place if a connection was lost during the copy.
- Fixed several problems that occur when adding files and folders to the Archive.
- Changed behavior of how folders (and their permissions) are created in the archive for users who may not have authorization to create/restore folders with specific permissions settings.
- Fixed a problem where enabling Archiving while syncing to an InterConneX sharespace would generate errors.
- Fixed a problem that resulted in -43 error codes being returned on .DS_Store files synced to an InterConneX sharespace.
- Eliminated a very long timeout that can appear to be a hang when closing sync documents.
- Implemented 10 second timeout for mounted volume detection to resolve long sync document hangs.
- Improved sync scan performance especially when Package Files are included in the sync tree.
- Improved sync performance, improved user interface responsiveness and reduced the possibility of deadlocks.
- Improved logic that controls the refresh of the Analyze Panel resulting in improved refresh performance.
- Improved performance when aborting a sync.
- Added logic so that when a sync document is invoked via the 'Synchronize' button and it needs to mount a server for either target, the mount operation will invoke a user interface if necessary.
- Added logic to ensure update checks occur even if ChronoSync is left running for very long times. Previously, update checks only occurred upon startup.
- Added logic that takes into account all ACLs when modifying file and folder permissions to copy, move, and rename files and folders.
- Implemented installer changes to properly install on the system startup volume.
August 28, 2013
- Fixed a problem where ChronoSync and/or ChronoSyncBackgrounder were using unusually high CPU resources when idle.
- Fixed a bug whereby if a remote connection profile was specified for a target and then changed, a disconnect would not be performed from the previously selected agent.
- Fixed a bug whereby if a remote connection profile was specified for a target and then changed followed by an UNDO, the connection profile would be restored but a reconnect would not be attempted.
- Fixed a problem that could result in a crash when closing a sync document.
- Fixed a problem that could result in a crash when losing and/or regaining a connection with a target.
- Fixed a problem with Container documents that could result in a crash.
- Eliminated a potential hang by reworking some thread protections.
- Fixed a bug whereby it was possible to create a monthly/weekly/daily scheduled item that had 'empty' values for the day-of-month, day-of-week, hour and/or minute intervals.
- Fixed a bug in the Log Window Options whereby the field for a custom log file path would not update it's tooltip after the user specified a new path.
- Enhanced compatibility with InterConneX.
- Enhanced AppleScript support.
- Enhanced error reporting to more accurately explain what is happening when certain error occur.
- Eliminated some benign console messages generated at startup.
July 29, 2013
- Reworked the Sync Document and Scheduler logs to provide categorized entries and allow filtering for All, Errors only, and Notices only.
- Completely reworked the Analyze Panel outline view. Gathering of file and folder information for display (such as when expanding folders) now happens in the background so the application is not blocked. UI updates have been automated. These behaviors also occur when communicating with ChronoAgent (1.4.0 or later) and InterConneX targets.
- Added support to create Connection Profiles that connect to InterConneX Sharespaces so they can now be used as sync targets.
- Added an auto-reconnect feature for ChronoAgent connections. If the connection drops during sync, an attempt is made to reconnect. If successful, the sync resumes where it left off.
- Added support for data compression over ChronoAgent and InterConneX connections.
- ChronoAgent and InterConneX connections (and ChronoAgent re-connections) are now performed in the background so the application is no longer blocked waiting for a connection to be established.
- Added details to the Connection Profiles Preference pane to easily differentiate between InterConneX and ChronoAgent Connection Profiles.
- Replaced the underlying e-mail engine so e-mail notifications sent via Direct Messaging can now be sent to a wider variety of mail servers using secure connections.
- Improved scheduled sync dispatch including numerous bug fixes.
- Fixed a bug that would result in Analyze Panel icons being displayed upside down in 10.7 and newer versions of OS X.
- Added Fast Maintenance that significantly reduces time spent during the maintenance phase.
- Implemented concurrent target directory file system information collection during the analysis phase of synchronization that will improve the speed of the analysis phase.
- Improved the custom file path selector for agent connections as it now remembers the last path browsed on a per-target basis.
- Optimized copy operations that results in better performance when syncing large files.
- Updated target scanning logic.
- Reworked and updated low-level network communications.
- Eliminated redundant classes that previously generated console warnings.
- Eliminated the use of APIs deprecated in OS X 10.6.
- Various low-level optimizations and improvements to increase sync performance.
May 20, 2013
- Modified the logic that tests to confirm an SMB volume is still mounted to improve compatibility with certain NAS devices.
- The auto-update check interval has been reduced from 3 days to 1 day.
March 25, 2013
- Added the capability to specify a login domain when entering a username in network volume Target Options.
- Added logic to overcome the situation where the OS would not immediately detect that a mounted SMB volume had become disconnected.
- Changed the way we collect file and folder information from NAS volumes to prevent overloading and hanging certain NAS devices.
- Fixed a problem where scheduled syncs would stop running after a missed scheduled sync.
- Fixed a problem where ChronoSync was not ignoring mounted local and network volumes when scanning the local file system.
- Fixed a problem with sending notification emails when aborting a sync that could have resulted in a hang.
- Fixed a minor problem with date conversion when no date is specified.
- Fixed a problem where the installer was attempting to reference an object that was already disposed of.
December 5, 2012
- Now supplies more information to remote ChronoAgents to make monitoring tools, such as ChronoMonitor, more useful.
- Potential fix to a crash caused when agents leave or join the network just before the sync document has finished disposing itself.
- Fix for bug where items on a server are set to be moved to Trash instead of the archive after modifying the sync document's target from a local target to a file server.
- Fixed a bug in the Connection Profile editor that would not allow a port value larger than 56535 to be specified.
September 6, 2012
- Fixed a problem in the Scheduled Documents Manager window where a scheduled Container Document item would stop responding when the sync was run with the Container Document window open.
- Added logic to prevent triggering a false "File Not Found" error in pre-1.3.6 agents.
- Added logic to help users automatically disable "Preserve Extended Attributes" when syncing to file server.
- Added logic to automatically disable "Preserve Access Control Lists" when connecting to any target that doesn't support them.
- Fixed a bug in the Log that raised an exception when clicking a group of selected lines.
July 18, 2012
- New installer with better Gatekeeper integration in Mountain Lion.
- New code signature for better Mountain Lion compatibility.
- Uninstallers now do a better job of removing ChronoSync related components.
- Improved sleep-prevention in Mountain Lion so that the system stays awake during long synchronizations.
- Uses newer system APIs when accessing a user's login items.
June 21, 2012
- Changed sync document display logic to prevent accidental duplicate activations that could lead to a crash when closing the document.
- Fixed a problem whereby back to back scheduled runs of items that use the same synchronizer document could lead to a crash.
- Fixed a problem where notification sounds play could lead to a crash.
- Made numerous changes to the way display elements are released to account for interdependencies between elements.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a large file copy to pause if a previous small file copy had been paused/resumed.
- Fixed a bug where an agent connection profile would indicate that the connection had been tested and valid even though it was not.
- Fixed a bug where some windows were resizable even through the sizing icon was not present.
- Fixed some issues in the calculation of next scheduled syncs to make them more efficient and to properly handle disabled items in the schedule when performing these calculations.
- Corrected a problem where certain Macs would not sleep when the ChronoSyncBackgrounder was running.
- Fixed a bug whereby the permanent deletion warning was always visible on the confirmation sheet when deleting from the Analyze Panel.
- Updated the display of the full Sync Document path in the Scheduled Sync Editor window to better display long path and file names as well as added a tooltip to the field that has the full path and file name if it doesn't fit in the field.
- Fixed a cosmetic bug that prevented the display of a right icon in a conflict sheet if the right side was a distant remote and the left side wasn't.
- Corrected a Misspelling on the Analysis Report.
March 28, 2012
- Improved performance of concurrent file copies.
- Improved responsiveness when aborting a large file transfer in a scheduled synchronization.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause a crash when closing a previously created sync document with certain settings in effect.
- Fixed a date/time conversion bug that could cause scheduled synchronizations to fail for users with non-U.S. region settings.
- Fixed a case-sensitive filesystem bug that was generating a "File not found" error when a previously-synced file was modified and its filename's case changed.
- Fixed a bug that would cause a crash if synchronizing a case-sensitive filesystem to a non-case-sensitive filesystem and the case-sensitive target had two files that differed only in case.
- Fixed a bug that would, under certain circumstances, allow the same synchronizer document to execute concurrently and eventually lead to a crash.
- Fixed several incorrect translations and/or user interface elements.
March 1, 2012
- Made SSL changeover more patient in case the remote system is a bit slow.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash if certain events (e.g. mounts/dismounts) occurred when a sync was terminating.
- Fixed a bug whereby the progress bar presented in container documents could refuse to update properly.
- Fixed a bug in the Preferences dialog whereby the zoom window title button was enabled and the miniaturize button wasn't.
- Fixed a minor Spanish language translation problem.
February 6, 2012
- Each sync target can be given a custom name and these are displayed throughout the rest of the user interface.
- A specific target folder/volume can now be changed without losing all the state information recorded by previous synchronizations.
- All new Restore function provided in the Analyze panel offers several options for quickly restoring files that have previously been synchronized.
- Delete function in the Analyze panel is presented with a simpler set of options and provides better feedback during the deletion.
- Refinements to both the Archive Panel Restore and Delete functions so that better feedback is presented as well as better user interaction for dealing with errors.
- Secure connections to a 1.3 ChronoAgent (or later) will use SSL to encrypt the data.
- Significant user interface changes to the Connection Profile Editor including a new "Basic" mapping mode.
- Connection profiles and helper application entries can now be duplicated.
- Helper applications for the Compare function can now be command line tools (such as /usr/bin/opendiff) as well as standard applications.
- Preservation of Extended Attributes can now be optionally disabled, increasing compatibility with many devices that don't offer full extended attribute support.
- Aliases and symbolic links are now displayed in italics in the Analyze Panel's outline view.
- The contained documents list now automatically contracts when running a synchronization, preventing the progress dialog from obscuring displayed entries.
- Implemented an Options sheet to control the scope of the Analysis Report before starting the print job.
- Added the option to display only exclusions and forced synchronizations in the Analysis report.
- A scheduled item can now be edited even if the associated document can't be found/loaded.
- Significant memory reduction while running synchronizations and maintaining archives.
- Performance optimizations to the basic synchronization process.
- Numerous refinements to the user interface such as contextual popup menus, tooltips, direct Help Center links, more consistent terminology and button placement.
- Spanish, Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese have been added to the existing set of English, German, French and Japanese translations.
- Completely revamped Help Center with new content, user interface and translations.
- New implementation for detecting and automatically installing updates.
- Discontinued support of Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger).
- Fixed a runaway memory consumption problem when summarizing trial sync entries.
- We now ensure that all "Status" text within the highlighted rows of the Scheduled Documents Manager uses the same text attributes.
- We now ensure that we don't show conflict and date-rollback error sheets when running a baseline scan.
- Modified some of the properties of the Scheduled Document Manager's table view to allow the user to resize the status column.
- Fixed a crash that could occur in the Analyze panel when either target is invalid or unavailable..
- While attempting to mount a removable media target for synching and the "Prompt for media" option is disabled, we attempt to passively mount the removable media rather than just assume that the target is unavailable.
- Fixed a problem where the prompt to insert media dialog would not be displayed but the program was hung waiting for user input from this invisible dialog.
- Fixed a bug that could cause several setup sheet windows throughout the program to be improperly displayed and/or behave badly.
- Fixed a bug whereby a synchronizer window might not behave properly if you opened a sync document with the Archive Panel visible.
- Fixed a bug whereby running a Trial Sync would mess up the display of the progress bar for any subsequent 'regular' synchronizations.
- Fixed a problem when switching back to the application which could cause a crash if a synchronization and/or user interface element required date formatting at that very instant.
- Fixed a bug whereby if a contained sync document did not exist, an exception would be raised when that document tried to be run and the entire synchronization would be aborted.
- Fixed a bug whereby the change detection logic would not allow changing of complex triggers to certain values.
- Fixed a bug whereby if you had "Automatically retry before handling errors" enabled and were performing a Right-to-Left sync, clicking "Skip" on a large file would have to exhaust all retry attempts before actually being skipped.
October 25, 2011
- Fixed a bug whereby errors that occurred while compressing files to an archive were not properly detected.
- Added logic that better handles certain file replacement scenarios thus reducing the likelihood of errors when compressing files to an archive.
- Fixed a crashing bug that could occur after performing multiple restore operations from the archive of a synchronizer document.
- Fixed a problem that could result in a crash if two or more synchronizations that target "Local Volumes (Admin Access)" were run at the same time.
- Fixed a problem that could result in a crash when updating the Analyze or Archive Panels while the document's synchronizer was being run.
- Fixed some issues with pre- and post- synchronization script dispatch.
- Fixed a backward compatibility issue that could occur when communicating with a 1.0.5 (or older) version of ChronoAgent.
August 29, 2011
- Implemented "Show invisible files" in the standard "Choose" dialog for sync targets.
- Implemented the "'Resume' document windows" preference setting to optionally bypass the Resume feature on Lion.
- Fixed a bug in Lion where international dates were being improperly formatted.
- Fixed a bug whereby if a large file was being copied thus showing percentage completion, and the user clicked 'Skip' for that file, all subsequent large files that result in percentage completion being displayed would automatically be skipped.
July 19, 2011
- Ensured Mac OS X 10.7 'Lion' compatibility.
- A scheduled item can now be edited even if the associated document cannot be found/loaded.
- The status column in the Scheduled Documents Manager can now be resized.
- Several minor user interface modifications.
- Various cleanups regarding memory management.
- Fixed a bug where certain multi-byte character strings used as document passwords would be improperly encrypted making it impossible to decrypt.
- Fixed a bug where simultaneous schedule editing would put ChronoSync in a state of limbo.
- Fixed a bug whereby ownership on packages was not being asserted after synchronization was complete.
- Fixed a bug that would, in very rare circumstances, attempt to treat an event-based sync as a time-based sync when checking to see if any time-based syncs needed to be run.
- Fixed a bug whereby newly instantiated container documents do not have the proper initial settings for the "Play sounds" properties.
- Fixed a bug where the Finder operations in the icon pop-up menu were not being properly disabled if the target resided on an agent connection.
- Fixed a bug where a new scheduled item might not run if the "run no more than once very" option was active.
- Fixed a bug whereby interacting with a sync document while a synchronization was running could result in erroneous errors being reported.
April 14, 2011
- Fixed a bug that could throw an exception when saving a synchronizer document that is configured in a certain way.
- Fixed a Lion keychain compatibility issue.
April 6, 2011
- File size statistics showing the number of bytes to be copied are displayed in the Trial Synchronization window.
- Full Undo/Redo support in the Trial Synchronization window.
- Added shortcut key equivalents to the 'Actions' in the Trial Synchronization window.
- The Trial Synchronization window now allows actions to be performed on multiple file-pair selections.
- A new multi-delete action is available when selecting multiple file-pairs.
- Support for "Services" added for selected file pairs in the Trial Synchronization window.
- When running a Trial Synchronization, the progress sheet will present an estimation of how much time remains.
- When a large file is being copied, a "Skip" button will enable and a running total of the bytes being copied is displayed.
- A "Compare" button added to the conflict sheet.
- Added the "When independent agent becomes available" scheduling method that watches for remote ChronoAgents to become available.
- New scheduling option to fine-tune the number of times a schedule can run in a certain time period.
- New scheduling option that will retry a synchronization if errors were found in the previous synchronization.
- Fixed a bug where a sync wouldn't invoke manually if a schedule sync was missed and posted to the scheduler log.
- Fixed a bug whereby directories that were marked as read-only could not be moved to the archive.
- Fixed a problem with performance and memory inefficiencies when altering the dimmed states of entries in response to toggling their enabled states.
- Fixed a problem with sorting files by size in the Analyze panel.
- Fixed a bug whereby an attribute-only conflict the first time a file-pair is encountered will just get ignored and recorded as 'in sync' if a 'sync selection' action was invoked.
- Fixed a bug where the displayed date for the next scheduled sync would be incorrect if a user changed a time-based schedule to a non time-based schedule.
December 7, 2010
- Performs minor optimizations to the target volume after a bootable synchronization.
- Improved the way the Keychains folder is handled during a sync.
- Container documents now retain the width of the "Document Name:" column.
- Fixed an information gathering problem that occurs when users pre-determine conflicts to be skipped.
- Fixed a problem whereby an exception can be raised if an advanced rule is removed from a saved sync document.
- Fixed a bug whereby replacing existing files during a sync would not apply filename case changes that may have been made to the original file.
- Fixed an instance in the French Preferences panel where the button size was too small to fit the recommended text.
October 5, 2010
- Enhanced the file size rule to now support "GB" as an option.
- Now performs "Move to Trash" operations more reliably.
- Added better exception handling.
- Changed the way skipped date roll backs are posted to the log so that they now appear as errors.
- Fixed a problem with file size reporting.
- Fixed a bug where scheduled syncs would not run if the user had canceled a quit attempt.
- Fixed a problem where frequent updating of the preference file was preventing the system from going to sleep on its own.
- Fixed a problem where sync-on-mounts that targeted a volume connected with admin access would not work.
- Fixed a bug whereby documents created on activation were not created from the default document template.
- Fixed various target connection related bugs.
- Fixed an erroneous readiness warning regarding partition schemes on certain kinds of bootable backups.
- Fixed a problem with ejecting bootable destination targets.
- Fixed problems sending email notifications through certain types of mail servers.
- Fixed a bug whereby all in-agent file copies were never preserving HFS compression.
July 13, 2010
- Added new scheduling behaviors and options.
- Added email notifications for missed syncs.
- Added the ability to wake remote ChronoAgent computers from sleep.
- Added new preference settings so the background scheduler can better deal with missed syncs.
- Implemented a new 'sync-when-available' scheduling option when used with ChronoAgent for Mac.
- Implemented a new 'when specific volume mounts' scheduling option.
- Unique completion sounds on a per-document basis can be played on error or success for both Synchronizer and Container documents
- New features and improved interaction in the Scheduled Documents Manager window.
- Added the ability to run scripts without having to run the Synchronizer document.
- Agent performance optimizations.
- Significantly improved synchronization performance and error handling.
- User interface improvements and enhancements.
- Fixed a bug whereby attention sounds weren't being played within containers.
- Fixed a bug where 'busy' syncs were skipped in a container with no real indication of what happened.
- Fixed a problem where Disk Space used/available in ChronoSync reported differently than Finder for network volume.
- Fixed a problem with Trial Sync window corruption where expanding file/folder information would result in expanding the window off the bottom of the screen.
- Performed various cleanups regarding memory management including fixing numerous small memory leaks.
- Fixed some issues with how DNS names are resolved.
- Fixed a bug whereby if you switched panels on a newly opened Synchronizer document while it still displayed "Preparing document", the program would crash.
- Fixed a bug where it was possible for a license file to be created with a blank line as the first line of the file causing the registration to fail.
- Fixed a bug whereby an alias to a folder on a destination target would get replaced by a 'real' folder even when resolve aliases was ON.
- Fixed a bug that would result in an eventual crash when repeatedly restoring files from a Synchronizer document's archive.
- Worked around an issue with SMB where it wouldn't allow read-only folders to be renamed.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the Backgrounder to crash when putting the system to sleep.
December 29, 2009
- Added the ability to force case sensitivity tests even when volumes report themselves as case insensitive. Increases compatibility with some NAS devices and file servers (contact tech support for instructions how to enable this behavior).
- Fixed a bug that would cause files added to an archive to not get compressed.
- Fixed a bug where case sensitivity tests were only being performed on file servers.
- Fixed a bug that could result in improper handling of errors that occur within package files with the Dissect Packages setting turned ON.
- Fixed a cosmetic problem with resizing the Trial Sync selector sheet window on Snow Leopard systems.
- Implemented workarounds to numerous "Parameter Errors" some Snow Leopard users encounter when connecting to a server via SMB.
August 7, 2009
- Online help changes related to bootable backups.
- Manual changes related to bootable backups.
- Various changes to the installer.
- Fixed problems that occurred when installing/using the program in some Directory Service environments.
- Fixed various display glitches.
NOTE: When using the program in a Directory Service environment, you should contact technical support if the default behavior isn't adequate for your needs.
June 10, 2009
- Added workaround logic for NTFS-3G bugs.
- When a deletion is performed in the Archive panel, the sync document is now marked as dirty.
- Now displays an informative message when a "Compare" operation is attempted with no valid comparison helpers available.
- Installer improvements.
- Fixed a problem whereby, in specific scenarios, conflicts encountered in scheduled container sync documents would result in a hang.
- Fixed a bug whereby mismatched attributes in conflict sheets presented in container sync documents would not be highlighted in red.
- Fixed a problem that would cause the application to hang if there were multiple items scheduled to run at application termination.
- Fixed a bug where certain icons would not display if the local agent had not been installed.
- Fixed a potential crash when updating nested/expanded folders in the Analyze panel.
- Fixed various bugs related to package aggregation when the sync target was itself a package.
- Fixed a bug whereby the file/folder information in the Analyze panel was being redrawn improperly if the split view was partially or fully closed while the window was resized.
- Fixed a bug whereby adjustments to the filename column width in the Archive panel would not persist after a file at least one level deep in the outline view was deleted.
- Fixed a bug whereby changes to the email recipient address would not be recorded if the user clicked out of the field by clicking on the "Custom subjects" checkbox.
- Fixed a bug whereby the first couple lines on the second page of the analysis report could be skipped, depending on sync document settings and how the report paginated.
- Fixed an exception/potential crash that could occur when file-pairs in the Analyze panel suddenly disappear (often manifested by toggling "Show All" quickly).
- Fixed a bug whereby clicking "Pause" during a sync when a file was in the midst of being copied could result in the synchronizer remaining paused indefinitely.
March 25, 2009
- Implemented changes that allow the program to be moved outside the Applications and Utilities folder.
- Added a check to see if the user has opened up a backup copy of a sync or container document.
- Added a "Secure connection" message in the Setup panel if the agent connection is encrypted.
- Added an "Unable to locate target" readiness warning.
- Minor changes to the online help.
- Minor installer modifications.
- Minor uninstaller modifications.
- Fixed an exception that gets raised when running on an un-named computer.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when certain types of servers failed to mount.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when copying large files over a secure agent connection.
- Fixed a problem with the pop-up icon shortcuts in the Conflict sheet dialog.
- Fixed a problem typing in dates in the Modification Date rule.
- Fixed the SSL plugin within email notifications to run correctly as a universal binary.
- Added code-signing so that there should not be anymore firewall problems with Leopard.
- Changed the way keychains are handled to ensure the keychain file is created with privileges that allow ChronoSync to access it.
- Minor layout changes to some buttons in Japanese.
- Minor layout changes to table widths in German.
January 21, 2009
- Fixes a problem that some users had registering the program.
- Fixes a long stall that occurred when opening documents and launching the application on some user's systems.
- Fixed some problems that occurred when the base language was not represented by a Roman text system. This problem could manifest itself as failure to launch, inability to communicate with agents and possibly random crashes.
- Fixed a bug whereby if you ran a Trial Sync and then hit "Cancel" from the Trial Sync selector window, any file-pair scanned that was in-sync would have their "Last Synchronized" time stamp updated if it was previously set to "never".
- Modified the intelligence behind the "Timestamps" attribute trigger so that it ignores modification dates for files if the user has also enabled the "Modification Date" data trigger.
- Added the ability to disable ChronoSync's attempt to mount file servers asynchronously via a public plist entry.
- Added an "Update all users" custom option to the ChronoSync installer. This was always being done in previous installers, but is now an optional step in the installation process. Users installing ChronoSync on FIle Servers will typically want to turn OFF this step so the installer doesn't try to clean up each and every user's home folder. Users in certain Directory Services controlled environments may also want to consider turning this option off.
- Addressed some permission issues in the installer.
January 5, 2009
Features & Enhancements:
- The ChronoSync download is still contained in a disk image however the application is now installed using an installer
- Able to connect to a ChronoAgent
- Added a new Connections panel in Preferences to set up and maintain connections to different agents
- ChronoSync is now able to perform bootable backups
- Better restore options in the Archive panel
- A new 4.0 file format that uses significantly less memory consumption during loads/saves of Synchronizer documents, has faster load/save times and produces slightly smaller documents
- Can now reset Preferences to their default "factory" settings
- A new "Access Restriction" feature on documents to provide a lightweight form of security
- "Readiness" messages are now displayed at the bottom of each Synchronizer document, reporting whether or not the synchronizer can be invoked
- Several new options in the Options panel
- New rules added to the Rules panels
- A new user interface throughout the application
- More Help buttons placed throughout the application
- Container documents now have their own "panelized" interface, similar to that of the Synchronizer documents
- More detailed file information in the Analyze panel and the Trial Sync window
- Rule templates are now available for common rules
- Document templates can now be defined for those documents that are commonly used
To view the release notes for version 3.0 and earlier, click here...